Sunday, August 3, 2008

Yummy Rootbeer!!!

This recipe makes 5 gallons of root beer~A LOT!!! These are the ingredients-


-3 pounds of granulated sugar
-2 pounds of packed brown sugar



-5 gallons of lukewarm water



-a whole bottle of root beer extract (concentrate)

-6 pounds of dry ice
When you put the dry ice in, it will fog and bubble like a witches brew. :) The dry ice adds carbonation. Leave the dry ice in and stir a little bit until the sugar is dissolved and everything is mixed in. If you are mixing it in a cooler with a spout, you may want to elevate the side with the spout so the dry ice doesn't freeze the spout (the dry ice will sink to the bottom of the cooler). It will take a while for the dry ice to stop bubbling and fogging so you may want to leave it on it's own for a while, but don't close the lid of the cooler.

As I said before, this recipe makes 5 gallons of root beer-enough to last you a life time. :) Enjoy!

4 comments:

Renee said...

That's A LOT of root beer!!!Looks like you had a great time!! You have to save me some so I can try it. Love you guys!!

Renee said...

What did you think about the "so you think yo ucan dance" finale?? I like Joshua, I'm glad he won.

Renee said...

Are you going to post something about the 1st day of school? I can't wait to hear how your day went!!!

Emilie said...

ive been busy with school:(

short stories about me