Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Garage Sale and Strawberry Lemonade

Last weekend, my friend Alex and I had a sleepover. We were talking about how her birthday was going to work out at Disneyland and how I might not be able to come. I needed to earn some money before her birthday (which was soon) so I could buy an annual pass! We were running out of time!! Her birthday was soon and I NEEDED money! Then, at 1:00 in the morning we FINALLY thought of something. We were going to set up a garage sale and make lots of dough (money). We found all the junk from our room and house until we were sooo tired. That morning (Saturday), I woke Alex from my sister's bed and we set out a sheet out front on my driveway. Then, we set out all of our junk, and...we were ready freddy!!!



We sold a BUNCH of stuff at the garage sale and made $31.00!! Then, we had a CRAZY idea to make strawberry lemonade. We set up the lemonade stand and NOBODY was coming. They all just drove by... they waved...but just drove by with a little smirk on their face. Alex and I were getting bored. Car by car drove by and we dreamed of the money each one would bring but never did. We then had a really brilliant idea (my mom's idea) that we should walk around the neighborhood with a rolling cooler and a big thermos. We did a portable Strawberry Lemonade stand and made $19.00. We were satisfied with our progress and made $50 in all! Pretty good for some kids like us. We needed $130.oo to buy a Disneyland pass and we were on our way.

6 comments:

Jen said...

You are such a hard little worker,I know you will reach your goal! Alex is a great friend that she would help you and not receive any money.

Alex said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!

Renee said...

Great blog Emilie. Can't wait to read your future posts!! Love you!!

Kristin said...

You girls are two peas in a pod! Adorable blog, cutie.

Tracy J said...

Hi Em....
Going to keep up with your life......such a cutie patootie

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

short stories about me